ITS provides information on the latest tips and best practices for protecting your and USC’s confidential information. See the information in the right column of this page for detailed information on each topic. Current Information Security news and updates about risks potentially affecting USC can also be found by visiting the ITS Security Blog.
Information Security Services
ITS’s Office of the Chief Information Security Officer provides a range of information security services for the USC community, which include but are not limited to:
- Server and Endpoint Vulnerability Assessment and Management
- Automated Scanning of Servers and Web applications
- Web Application Security Assessments and Remediation
- Digital Forensics
- Information Risk Assessments
- Security Policies, Guidelines, and Best Practices Development
- Department Firewall Management
- Department VPN Management
- PCI-DSS Compliant Credit Card Processing Environment for USC
- Network Monitoring, Intrusion Detection, and Incident Responses
- Archiving and Search of Server Logs
- Spam and Phish Filtering of All USC Email
- Management of Central USC Enterprise Accounts
For more information on these services, see the Information Security Services page.
If You See Something, Say Something!
To report an information security incident such as suspicious emails or suspected unauthorized access to your computer, please contact the ITS Customer Support Center.