Some USC online services require access through on-campus USC Secure Wireless or a wired network connection. USC offers Virtual Private Networking (VPN) to provide secure remote access to these services when you are off-campus. Use AnyConnect VPN if you are away from the USC campus and are unable to connect to services. Additionally, you must use AnyConnect VPN to access internal USC systems handling confidential or sensitive data, such as Student Information Systems (SIS), and file servers for specific schools and departments.
Please be aware that you DO NOT need to use AnyConnect VPN when accessing Blackboard, Zoom, Workday, ServiceNow, Microsoft Office 365 or Google Apps at USC.
Examples of Applications that Require AnyConnect VPN
- Pitchbook – Marshall
- Business Intelligence – Kuali
- Remote Desktop Access
- Student Information System (SIS)
- Center for Advanced Research Computing (CARC)
How Do I Connect to VPN?
- Faculty/Non-IT Staff and Students: Use AnyConnect VPN using the following address: vpn.usc.edu. Duo Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) is required.
- IT Employees/SIS Users: Use AnyConnect VPN using the following address: connect.usc.edu. Duo 2FA is required.
Existing VPN URLs
The following URLs are supported via AnyConnect VPN:
Where Do I Go for Help?
If you need help setting up AnyConnect VPN, please contact the ITS Customer Support Center.
If you have questions regarding confidential data protection, please email email@example.com.