USCNet provides faculty and staff with network connectivity in academic and office buildings. Only faculty and staff may register computers for use with USCNet.
- Network speeds of up to 1 gigabit per second
- Support for current and future building data network environment 24 hours a day, including security and disaster recovery
- ITS-provided network engineering, project planning, and management as well as network design and communications services
- Private networks connected to USCnet via a dedicated port on a Cisco router
All USC faculty and staff are eligible to connect their computers to USCNet. All schools and departments may request network installation services for their academic and office buildings.
- To connect a computer to USCNet, you will first need to register it. For information on registering your computer and connecting to USCNet, find the appropriate documentation for your operating system in the documentation menu on this page.
- To request network wiring services, including Ethernet port installation and network jack activation for your location, IT professionals may submit a request through the Technology Management Information System (TMIS) or submit a Communication Service Request (CSR) (USC Login Required). IT professionals contact the ITS Communications Services Group at 213-740-4357.
- To request the creation of a private network, send an email to email@example.com or call the ITS Customer Support Center at 213-740-5555.
ITS recommends that all users maintain a firewall, as well as antivirus and antispyware software. Links to free firewall and antivirus software, along with additional information, are available on the ITS Security page.
To get help with your USCNet connection, please contact the ITS Customer Support Center.
- There is no individual charge for faculty and staff to connect to USCNet.
- Intra-building network support is included as a part of the Technology Connection Charge (TCC).
- Pricing for the installation and maintenance of private networks will be determined by ITS on a case-by-case basis.
- For the installation of a network outlet, see the Phone and Network Outlet Installation page for pricing details.
- For the connection of an Ethernet port, see the Ethernet Port Installation page for pricing details.
- Network engineering and project management services are available at a pre-negotiated cost. See the Network Engineering and Project Management page for more information.