This page provides information on how to perform a variety of calendar functions using Outlook 2016. This page includes links to Microsoft’s documentation on how to use the calendar function of Outlook 2016. The second section provides a link and description of Outlook 2016 training videos available at lynda.com.
Outlook 2016 Calendar Documentation
This section provides links to Microsoft’s step-by-step instructions on performing a variety of basic and advanced tasks using the Office 365 calendar on Outlook 2016.
- Creating an all-day event
- Managing another user’s mail and calendar items (delegate access)
- Scheduling an appointment
- Scheduling a meeting with other people
- Sharing a calendar
NOTE: If a room or resource you need to schedule is missing from the Office 365 calendar, you may request that this room or resource be added by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Outlook 2016 Calendar Videos
There are video tutorials on the calendar function of Outlook 2013 available at
You will need to log into lynda.com, using your USC username and password, in order to gain access to these videos. To log in, go to www.usc.edu/its/lynda and click the Log in to Lynda.com button.
Section 7 of Outlook 2016 Essential Training covers the following calendar topics:
- Navigating the calendar
- Changing the look of the calendar
- Creating an appointment and an all-day event
- Creating a meeting
- Chairing a meeting
- Responding to a meeting invitation
- Opening other calendars
- Printing, emailing, and sharing the calendar
- Creating additional calendars
- Setting calendar preferences
Microsoft also provides a video tutorial on sharing and publishing your Office 365 calendar using the Outlook Web App and Outlook 2016:
For additional assistance with the Office 365 calendar, please contact the ITS Customer Support Center.