USC Information Technology Services offers colocation services in its state-of-the-art data center, where cabinets can be leased to house computer hardware. This service is available to all university departments. The ITS colocation facility is housed in a modern data center within a protected USC campus building controlled by multiple layers of security, including 24/7 Department of Public Safety security guard patrol and multiple electronic-controlled doorways. Final access to the colocation rooms require biometric (fingerprint) controlled access provided only to registered colocation customers.
Customers have the choice to either lease colocation space in our facility or contract for managed colocation services.
- Provides a secure environment with around-the-clock monitoring, controlled physical access, highly resilient and available power, and regulated cooling systems.
- Access to equipment 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, year-round.
- Building security maintained around-the-clock, with two levels of required verification for access, and cabinets with combination locks.
- Located in earthquake-resistant facility.
Available to USC, faculty, staff and all university departments
For questions or to schedule a facility tour, please call 213-821-5341 or submit a service request (USC NetID login required).
- During business hours, primary support for colocation customers is provided through staff in the ITS Hardware, Facilities, and Colocation Support Services group.
- 24-hour onsite colocation customer support is provided through the ITS Operations Center (NOC).
Submit support questions to email@example.com. You will receive a response within 1-2 business days.
If you have a request that requires immediate attention during business hours, call Colocation Services at 213-821-5341.
All after-hours requests should be directed to the ITS Operations Center at 213-740-2693.
- $6,000 per year per full rack/$4,200 per year per half rack.
- Initial rack provisioning – $500 per rack.
- Additional charges for electrical and network provisioning vary based upon customer’s requirements.
- Same as unmanaged colocation plus ongoing charges for ITS systems administration server support with varied pricing based upon OS type and specific services provided.