NOTE FOR STUDENTS AND FACULTY
Fall 2020 updates to Zoom and the Digital Campus can be found at keepteaching.usc.edu. Click the links below for the latest information, including step-by-step videos, quick reference guides and more, on using Zoom for online teaching and learning.
For assistance with Zoom in the classroom, please contact ITS Zoom Support.
Zoom provides a high-quality, mobile-optimized, video and audio conferencing service for free to all USC faculty staff and students.
If you do not have a USC Zoom account yet, activate and configure your USC Zoom account using the instructions below.
- Go to usc.zoom.us, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the link to download the Zoom app to your desktop, laptop or mobile phone.
- Follow the instructions on keepteaching.usc.edu to log into Zoom via single sign-on (SSO).
For additional instructions on how to do this, see:
If you have an existing Zoom account through a USC school, administrative unit or 2U-administered online Masters program, please read our Note on Existing Zoom Accounts.
- Very high-quality video and audio conferencing
- Join audio conference via computer audio or dial-in
- Real-time white boarding, co-annotation and group chat during meetings
- Screen sharing capabilities
- Record meetings and store them for viewing later
- Easy-to-use apps on mobile phones/tablets and Mac and Windows PCs
- Meetings can have up to 300 participants
- Meetings can last up to 24 hours
- Hold unlimited meetings, one at a time
- Easy to schedule and join meetings
- USC faculty, staff and students get a persistent, personal meeting ID
Zoom Help Center: Contains a library of detailed user documentation and videos on every Zoom topic.
Answers to your questions on Zoom are now available on the Zoom Q&As page.
For information on training sessions, see the Zoom Training page.
Zoom One Minute Video Tutorials
- Join a Meeting
- Record a Meeting
- Joining & Configuring Audio & Video
- Sharing Your Screen
- Scheduling a meeting with Google Calendar
- Scheduling a meeting with Outlook
- Assigning Scheduling Privilege in Outlook (Great for Executive Assistants!
All active USC faculty, staff and students receive a USC-branded Zoom account.
For support, please contact the ITS Customer Support Center.
USC Zoom is available at no cost for USC faculty, students and staff.