This page explains how to acquire and implement a new license for SAS on your Windows computer.
Note: In order to apply the SAS license renewal file, you must be logged in to the Administrator account on your computer. In some cases, your local IT contact may be the Administrator of your computer. If this is the case, please contact local IT support for assistance with applying the SAS license renewal file. To determine who your local IT support person is, see the Local IT Support for Schools and Departments page.
Renewing Your SAS License
If you already have SAS installed on your computer and you need a renewal for an expired license:
- Go to the SAS License Files page to download the current license file at no cost. SAS calls these files SETINIT files.
- Right-click the SETINIT file for your operating system and save the file to your desktop. This file will be saved as a text (.txt) file.
- Close SAS
- From the Start menu, select All Programs > SAS > Utilities. Right-click Renew SAS Software (or Renew SAS Software (64-bit) if you are running a 64-bit version of the software) and select Run as Administrator.
- Browse to the SAS installation data file (SID file) that you
saved on your machine previously. Click Next.
- Verify the operating system and SAS products that you have
installed and click Ok.
- Click Renew.
- If the license renewal was successful, the following message is
displayed: The setinit was successfully applied.
If you encounter problems while renewing your SAS license, please contact the ITS Customer Support Center for assistance.