Information Technology Services provides loaner laptops at the general-use computing center in the Ahmanson Information Commons at Leavey Library.
This service is only available to currently enrolled USC students with a valid USCard.
- Laptops are equipped with both the Windows 10 and Mac OS 12 Monterey operating systems.
- Laptops are equipped with the same software packages available on computing center desktops.
- Laptops can connect to the USC Guest Wireless and USC Secure Wireless networks, allowing you to work outside the computing center environment.
- Laptops may be checked out for four hours. You will be emailed confirmation of the laptop loan and required time of return.
- Laptop loans may be renewed for one additional four-hour period as long as renewal is done before the first four-hour period expires. Renewals may be made by visiting web-app.usc.edu/laptop/renew.
- Late fees will be assessed for the late return of any laptop. See Pricing below for more information.
Confirmation of the loan renewal and required time of return will be emailed.
NOTE: Computing accessories may also to be checked out by faculty, staff, and students at the USC Computing Centers. Available accessories include:
- HDMI and VGA adapters
- Cable bundles that include HDMI, Mini Displayport, VGA, and Audio adapters that can be used in the breakout rooms
- Computer mice
- PC Long-term Rental: No longer available
- Short-term Rentals: Rentals available for up to 4 hours and can be extended for an additional 4 hours. Laptop rentals are available in the basement of Leavy Library. To reserve a laptop, please visit the ITS Desk. Our hours are 8 a.m. – 10 p.m. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You must present a valid USC card to be scanned and fill out the Student Laptop Loan Agreement.
- This service is only available to currently enrolled USC students who present a valid USCard.
- Students may be excluded from the laptop loan service at ITS’s discretion for repeated late laptop returns, damage, or loss of loaned laptops.
ITS Learning Environments staff are on-site at each of the general use computing centers during all hours of operation.