I agree that I am responsible for returning this laptop on time in the same condition as when I borrowed it. I understand that:
- If, after an ITS staff inspection, it is determined that I damaged the laptop screen, hardware and/or casing, I will be charged repair or replacement costs.
- If after an ITS staff inspection, it is determined that I did not return all cables or accessories, I will be charged replacement costs
- If I tamper with the equipment, I will be charged to repair or replace the laptop and any cables or accessories and may also be subject to disciplinary action.
- If I fail to return the laptop on time, to the same location from which I borrowed it, I will be fined $20 for the first 30 minutes and $20 for each successive 30 minutes after the due time, up to the total cost of a replacement laptop.
- ITS is not responsible for damage to data caused by viruses that may exist on the network or are spread through the network or from software malfunctions.
- ITS is not responsible for damage to external drives or any other devices plugged into the laptop.
- I cannot save files on the laptop’s hard drive and must save my files by copying them to another location (for example a USB flash drive). All files left on the laptop will be erased. ITS accepts no responsibility for lost files.
- I agree to abide by USC’s Computing Policies: https://www.usc.edu/its/policies.
I understand that by borrowing this laptop, I am responsible for its return. I agree never to leave the laptop unattended or in someone else’s care. If the laptop is stolen while on loan to me, I am responsible for the entire replacement cost of the equipment.