To report an issue and create an incident ticket in ServiceNow:
- Go to the Contact ITS page and click Report an Issue. Log into ServiceNow using your USC NetID username and password.
- On the Report Something is Broken screen, under Open on behalf of this user:
- If you are submitting this request for yourself, your contact information will automatically be populated.
- If you are submitting the request for someone else, enter that person’s USC NetID username in the field or click the magnifying glass to choose from a list of available users.
- In the Short Description field, enter a brief description of your problem. (e.g., “I can’t connect to USC Secure Wireless.”) Typing in the Short Description field will automatically display related knowledge articles. Click the Preview button next to these articles to view them. Once you have viewed the related articles, if a ticket is required, continue with the rest of these steps.
- In the Please describe your request below field, enter the full description of your problem, including as much relevant detail as possible.
- Under Impact, choose the level of impact (3 – Low, 2 – Medium, or 1 – High) that corresponds to your incident from the pull-down menu. This will help the service desk prioritize your ticket.
- Click Submit to send your ticket to the service desk.
Tracking Your Ticket
If you have submitted a ticket in ServiceNow and wish to check on its status, see the Checking the Status of a ServiceNow Ticket page. If you wish to add your local IT support to your ticket so they can help track your request or issue, see the Add a Watcher to a ServiceNow Ticket page.
If you need additional assistance with ServiceNow, please contact the ITS Customer Support Center.