ServiceNow creates a request and incident history for you based on the tickets that you submit or that are submitted on your behalf in the system. ServiceNow associates these tickets either with your @usc.edu email address or with the preferred email address you have entered in Workday (if you have entered one.) This request and incident history allows ITS to identify you, understand your current and previous issues, and more efficiently address your requests.
If you would like to submit ServiceNow tickets from alternate email addresses such as your school- or unit-specific email addresses such as @med.usc.edu or @marshall.usc.edu addresses or non-USC email accounts such as @yahoo.com or @gmail.com accounts, you will need to add these addresses to your user account information in ServiceNow in order to correctly associate these tickets with your case history.
To add alternate email addresses to your ServiceNow account information:
- Log in to ServiceNow at itsusc.service-now.com using your USC NetID username and password.
- From the left-hand navigation menu, select Self-Service > My Profile.
- Under Related Links, click Notification Preferences.
- In the upper right-hand corner of the screen, click New Device.
- A pop-up window will prompt you to enter a new device. The new device is your alternate email address.
In the New Device pop-up window, enter the following information:
NOTE: You should repeat this process to add any additional email addresses that you use to contact ITS.
If you need assistance entering alternate email addresses in ServiceNow, contact the ITS Customer Support Center.