Through Microsoft Office 365 accounts, students receive access to a variety of Microsoft products including OneDrive for Business (document storage and file sharing), Skype for Business (text, voice, and video chat), SharePoint (internal websites and document management), Office Online (cloud-based versions of Microsoft’s popular productivity suite), and more.
- OneDrive for Business: a cloud storage solution that provides 5 terabytes of document storage and the ability to easily share documents with others using Office 365.
- Skype for Business: a web conferencing platform that enables high-definition web conferencing, screen sharing, and instant messaging. NOTE: Students have access to Skype for Business through the desktop and mobile applications only.
- The ability to access and edit SharePoint sites.
- Access to cloud-based versions of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint through Office Online. Visit itservices.usc.edu/officestudents for information on how to download free Microsoft Office software to your desktop and mobile devices.
- Access to other Office 365 applications such as Sway, OneNote, Yammer and more.
NOTE: At this time, students do not have access to the email and calendaring features of Microsoft Office 365.
All USC students.
NOTE: USC faculty and staff have access to the full Office 365 suite, including email and calendaring. More information on Office 365 for USC faculty and staff can be found at itservices.usc.edu/office365.
For information on the web browser requirements for accessing Office 365, see the Microsoft Office 365 System Requirements page.
Accessing Office 365 Applications
To access all of your USC Office 365 applications from one screen, log in at www.office.com using your USC NetID email address and password.
From the Apps section on the screen above, choose the Office 365 application you wish to access.
NOTE: The available applications are subject to change, due to changes made by Microsoft. If you do not see an application you are looking for, contact the ITS Customer Support Center.
Office 365 Documentation
For ITS documentation on getting started with OneDrive for Business, see itservices.usc.edu/office365/onedrive. For ITS documentation on getting started with Skype for Business, see itservices.usc.edu/office365/skype.
For additional documentation and help with all Office 365 applications, see Microsoft’s Office support site at support.office.com.
There are video tutorials available from Lynda.com, Apple.com, and Microsoft.com on a variety of Office 365 topics. You will find links to these video tutorials on the Office 365 Video Tutorials page.
OneDrive for Business is approved for storing some restricted data, including Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)- and Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)-related information. Please note that additional controls may be required, depending on the type of data and relevant regulations. (Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.)
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your Microsoft Office 365 for Students account, please contact the ITS Customer Support Center.
Microsoft Office 365 is a free service.