ITS provides school/department-sponsored mobile phone service to faculty and staff through corporate accounts. The university has also negotiated with AT&T Mobility, T-Mobile, and Verizon Wireless for special faculty, staff, and student discounted commercial plans.
Faculty and Staff Corporate Accounts
Faculty and staff that have been approved by their school or department’s senior business officer.
To request this service, please submit a request via a Mobile Phone Request (USC Login Required). Please fill out all of the required fields:
- Requested for customer information (this will auto populate, but can be edited)
- Requesting Department and Location
- Mobile Service Request Type (click the dropdown to select the request type)
In accordance with the No TikTok on Government Devices Act, USC faculty and staff are not permitted to download or use TikTok or Lark on any information technology (including but not limited to laptops, cell phones, software, and firmware) This applies to technology that is purchased through university funds or charged to a federal contract.
Any additional questions regarding the No TikTok on Government Devices Act on Department Managed Devices, please reach out to your local IT department
Any questions or assistance with this request, please call the ITS helpdesk at 213.740.5555
Mobile phones may be purchased by the department or the customer. Their cost depends on the model and selected features. Other costs include the activation fee to commence services, the monthly service or calling plan fee, and long-distance charges based on monthly usage. Service plans vary by carrier and are dependent on the features ordered by the customer. The rates are subject to change based on the carrier’s policies.
Submitting changes for your USC Issued Mobile Phone
For all requests listed below, please submit a request via a Mobile Phone Request. USC Login Required
- New phone order
- Mobile Upgrade for an existing line
- Feature Requests
- Travel Plan (outside the US)
- Disconnection Request (must submit if leaving USC or no longer using the phone, as billing will continue)
- Broken/Lost phone
- Port Request (Change provider or bring in a number to be paid by USC)
- Update Client Name
- Update or changes to the PPGG for billing (for when the PPGG expires or campus client moves departments)
- Insurance Claim (if Applicable)
- Release of Financial Responsibility (take my phone and number with me)
- Billing Inquiries
To view your Telecommunication Expenses: Please utilize the Manager Budgetary Balance report or the Find Journals lines report in Workday.
*Tip: you can filter by the Spend Category SC0155 (Telecommunication Services)
Discounted Commercial Plans for Faculty, Staff, and Students
Special mobile service rates are available for USC faculty, staff, and students. ITS does not provide purchasing or technical support for these plans. To get started with these services, please contact one of the providers listed below:
Students, Faculty and Staff: Student Discounts
Because of where you work, you and family get exclusive offers with T-Mobile Work Perks.
Save 15% on new Go5G Plus and get premium UNLIMITED Talk, Text and Data! Save over $450/year!
Includes over $270 per month in added value with Netflix, Apple TV+, 50GB hotspot, international texting and data, inflight Wi-Fi, free stuff every week with T-Mobile Tuesdays and more – all with taxes and fees included.
Discount can be combined with device offers! Plus, Easy Unlock – trade-in your locked phone or keep your current phone and we’ll pay off balances up to $800!
- Visit T-Mobile Work Perks and chat online with an expert.
- New customers: Call dedicated line 1( 855)-570-9947 or visit a retail store. Don’t forget to mention where you work.
- Existing T-Mobile Customers – Call 1-877-334-7099
- Billing questions on existing T-Mobile accounts: dial 611 from your phone or use the T-Mobile app chat or call 800-937-8997.
- Terms and conditions apply.