NOTE: ITS strongly recommends that you configure your device to connect to eduroam at USC before traveling to participating universities. If you need assistance with this configuration, contact the ITS Customer Support Center.
This page will provide instructions on how to connect a device running Android 4.0 and later to the eduroam network.
Note: Due to the many different types of Android devices, not every Android-based device will work in the same way. ITS is not able to guarantee that these instructions will work on every Android device (4.0 and later). This documentation was created using Android 4.1.1 on a Samsung Galaxy Tab.
Connecting to eduroam
- From the Home menu, go to Settings.
- From Settings, choose Wi-Fi. Make sure Wi-Fi is set to ON.
- From the available Wi-Fi networks, select eduroam.
- On the eduroam screen, in the Identity field, enter your your USC NetID + @usc.edu (e.g., firstname.lastname@example.org). In the Password field, enter your USC NetID password. Your USC NetID is the username and password you use to connect to services such as my.usc.edu and Workday. Leave the rest of the fields empty.
- Tap Connect.
- You should now be connected to eduroam.
If you need assistance connecting to the eduroam network, call the ITS Customer Support Center at 213-740-5555 or send an email to email@example.com.