USC DocuSign eSignature is an electronic signature service, which allows users to quickly and securely send* and view documents, such as contracts, forms, or agreements, for review and signature from any device.
The university-approved DocuSign eSignature system can help USC departments streamline approval workflows and reduce paper usage by replacing the need for physical document routing and storing. Rather than using printed documents to gather signatures, USC departments can use electronic versions of those documents (in Microsoft Word, PDF, or other common formats) to gather signatures electronically. These electronically signed documents can be securely maintained on the university’s cloud-based systems.
For more information, see this industry brief on DocuSign’s advantages to higher education institutions.
*NOTE: To send DocuSign documents, you will need to request an additional role. For additional information, see DocuSign Account Roles.
How to Get Started
- All USC faculty, staff, students, and affiliates may send*, receive, view, and sign documents using USC DocuSign eSignature.
- For staff, faculty, and USC affiliates, you must use your primary USC email account for USC DocuSign eSignature (e.g., @usc.edu, @marshall.usc.edu, @med.usc.edu, @ict.usc.edu, etc.)
- Non-USC-affiliated individuals may view and sign documents sent from USC DocuSign eSignature.
- Only those employees provided with explicit written authority by the president or the president’s designee may execute procurement agreements for goods or services. It is a violation of university policy to sign procurement agreements for goods or services if you have not been provided with written signature delegation. Please see the following link for further information on signatory
- For questions on how to acquire goods or services on behalf of the university, please see the following link: businessservices.usc.edu/purchases.
*NOTE: To send DocuSign documents, you will need to request an additional role. For additional information, see DocuSign Account Role.
DocuSign is an enterprise license managed by ITS with no additional cost to USC faculty, staff, students, or affiliates.
- Departmental DocuSign Account Request
An account that manages multiple individual accounts within a single department.
Request for Department Account
- Additional Role Request
All default USC DocuSign account have the ability to view and sign documents only. You need to request additional roles for other functions such as sending a document or creating a template. For information about available roles, see DocuSign Account Roles.
Request for Additional Role
- Demo Platform Request
Demo Platform allows you to experiment with USC DocuSign features without affecting your real account. Any templates created in a demo platform can be transferred to the real account upon request.
Request for Demo Platform
The video below provides an overview of using the DocuSign service:
For general request on USC DocuSign eSignature, please submit this service request form.
For assistance with grading templates, contact email@example.com.
If you want to report an issue, please contact the ITS Customer Support Center.