The Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility client is a web-based VPN client that does not require user configuration. Use Cisco AnyConnect VPN to securely access the Student Information System (SIS) and other IT administration systems VPN, also called IP tunneling, is a secure method of accessing USC computing resources.
Some USC online services require access through on-campus USC Secure Wireless or a wired network connection. USC offers Virtual Private Networking (VPN) to provide secure remote access to these services when you are off-campus. Use AnyConnect VPN if you are away from the USC campus and are unable to connect to services. Additionally, you must use AnyConnect VPN to access internal USC systems handling confidential or sensitive data, such as Student Information Systems (SIS), and file servers for specific schools and departments.
This page provides instructions on how to install and connect to the Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility client for Windows 10 operating systems, including both 32- and 64-bit versions.
Login and Download VPN Software
- Connect to your local network.
- Go to https://vpn.usc.edu.
- On the login screen, Enter your USC NetID and Password.
- Click Login.
- After you have logged in, click
on the left.
- In the middle of the screen, click Start AnyConnect.
- On the Download & Install screen, click Download for Windows. You may be prompted to save the file, or it may automatically download to your Downloads
Install VPN Software
- Search for the downloaded file on your computer and double-click it.
- You may see the file in the bottom left-hand corner of your screen.
- If you do not, look in your Downloads folder.
- If prompted to allow the installation, click Yes.
- If prompted, enter your computer’s Admin ID and password. This is the ID and password you use to log into the computer.
Connect to VPN
- Search for the Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client app on your desktop (Type “Cisco AnyConnect” in your computer search bar OR select the Windows Start button and search in the menu items).
- Click to open the application.
- In the VPN pop-up window, enter “vpn.usc.edu”
- Then click Connect.
- On the login screen enter your USC NetID and password.
- Click OK .
- You are now connected to the USC network through VPN.
If you need help installing or connecting to your AnyConnect Secure Mobility client, contact the ITS Customer Support Center.