Workday is USC’s enterprise human resources, benefits, payroll, and performance management system, which is designed to modernize and improve the way USC delivers key services to staff and faculty. Workday also includes employee self-service features that allow employees to manage all personal information (benefits, payroll deductions, address changes, etc) and manager self-service features that allow managers to access and analyze employee/team information (enhanced reporting, online analytics, etc.). Central payroll, Benefits, Compensation, Performance Management, and other HR administrative units conduct business transactions in Workday.
- Self-serve functions allow employees to update personal information, enter time worked (non-exempt employees), enter time off requests, retrieve pay and benefits information, sign up for benefits, participate in performance evaluations, and conduct other HR-related functions.
- School and department-level human resources staff initiate and process hiring, compensation changes, terminations, and other HR and payroll processes in Workday.
- Managers use Workday to approve time-off requests and other business processes, conduct performance evaluations, and retrieve information about employees in their units.
- Workday is software-as-a-service, providing USC with the benefit of regular updates and enhancements without significant internal programming effort.
USC faculty, staff, and student workers (including graduate assistants) are eligible to use Workday.
All USC employees can sign into Workday using their USC NetID username and password.
Workday is supported on Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, and Safari. Click here for details on the current Workday version and any required plug-ins.
For assistance with accessing and using Workday, contact the Human Resources Service Center at 213-821-8100 or send an email to email@example.com.
There is no charge to access Workday.
Workday is taken off-line for weekly maintenance between 11:00 pm Friday and 3:00 am Saturday. Should the system be unavailable at other times, please consult the following resources for additional information:
- Outage notifications and alerts are posted at the top of the ITS website.
- Scheduled maintenance notices are posted in the left column of the ITS home page in the Scheduled Maintenance section. Scheduled maintenance notices are also available on a separate page.