Microsoft Office 365 is a modern collaboration platform that provides a full-featured email system with web access, integrated calendaring, a campus contacts directory, support for mobile device access, and 50 gigabytes of email storage and 1 terabyte of document storage per account.
- Convenient web and desktop access to your email and integrated calendar. Full-featured web interface for accessing email and calendar (Outlook Web App), as well as email and integrated calendar compatibility with desktop email clients such as Microsoft Outlook and Apple Mail.
- Large message storage capacity. 50 gigabytes of email storage for each user.
- Access from portable devices, including iOS and Android-based phones and tablets. Access to your email, calendar entries, and contacts from your mobile device.
- No automatic deletion of emails. Office 365 accounts are not subject to the 365-day email retention policy.
- Built-in anti-spam message filtering. Integrated anti-spam tools for smoother control of email filtering and identification.
- OneDrive for Business, an online document storage and sharing tool that faculty and staff can access through the Outlook Web App (OWA). 1 terabyte of document storage for each user.
NOTE: Visit itservices.usc.edu/officefacstaff for information on how to download free Microsoft Office software.
All USC faculty and staff.
For information on the web browser requirements for accessing Office 365, see the Microsoft Office 365 System Requirements page.
Accessing the Outlook Web App for Office 365
Each time you go to www.usc.edu/office365, the Authentication Required screen will appear.
- In the User Name field, type your USC NetID@usc.edu (e.g., email@example.com).
- In the Password field, type your USC NetID password.
- Click OK to open the Outlook Web App.
Signing Out of OWA
When you are finished using the Outlook Web App, you should exit your web browser by closing all open tabs to ensure you have properly signed out of your Office 365 account.
Office 365 Documentation
The documentation in this section will provide information on what to expect when your email account is moved to Office 365, including how to access your email and calendar through the Outlook Web App, configure an email client to access mail through Office 365, set up your mobile device to access your Office 365 email, and configure settings such as forwarding and automatic replies (vacation messages) using OWA.
Lynda.com, Apple.com, and Microsoft.com provide video tutorials on how to use Outlook and Apple Mail. You will find links to these tutorials in the Configuring Office 365 and Using the Office 365 Calendar sections of the documentation and the Office 365 Video Tutorials link on the right-hand side of this page.
Please note that Microsoft Office 365 is not approved for storing or transferring legally regulated or high-risk information. For a list of these prohibited categories of information, see the Data Security page.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your Microsoft Office 365 account, please contact the ITS Customer Support Center.
Microsoft Office 365 is a free service.