Google Apps at USC for Students is the name of USC’s student installation of Google Apps for Education, a suite of online software applications that Google offers to educational institutions and non-profit organizations. The package includes Gmail (Google’s email program), Web-based word processing and spreadsheet programs, sharable calendars, chat, and more.
A Google Apps at USC for Students account allows students to take advantage of Gmail, with its 30 gigabytes of storage, in an ad-free environment, while maintaining their @usc.edu email name.
NOTE: If you are a USC faculty or staff member and are looking for information on your Google account, see our Google Apps at USC for Faculty and Staff documentation.
- A USC-branded, ad-free Gmail account.
- A Google Calendar account, associated with your USC email address.
- A Google Drive account with file-sharing capabilities with fellow students and colleagues around the world, using your USC NetID username and password.
- Unlimited storage for your email account and for your files in Google Drive.
- Access to Google Docs online productivity software offerings: Documents, Spreadsheet, and Presentation.
- Access to Google Sites, allowing you to create free, custom web sites using your USC-provided Google account.
- Access to real-time discussions and class sessions through Google Hangouts.
- The ability to post YouTube videos using your USC email address.
- Access to additional Google Apps including Google Photos, Google Maps, and Google Takeout
through your USC email address.
All current USC students and officially recognized student organizations.
To access Google Apps at USC for Students on the web, log in at google.usc.edu with your USC NetID username and password and then choose the Google Apps function you wish to access.
For information on accessing Google Apps at USC for Students through a mobile device or to set up an email program to access your Google Apps at USC Gmail account, see the Google Apps at USC Configuration section in the menu on the right-hand side of this page.
For more information about Google Apps at USC, see ITS’s support documentation, accessible from the side navigation menu on the right-hand side of this page.
- ITS provides USC-specific documentation on topics such as configuring your email clients and mobile devices. This documentation is accessible from the side navigation menu on the right-hand side of this page.
- Google also provides support documentation for Google Apps on their website at learn.googleapps.com.
- Users can receive additional support by contacting the ITS Customer Support Center.
Google Apps at USC for Students is a free service.