This page provides instructions on how to configure a computer running Mac OS X Lion 10.7, Mountain Lion 10.8 or Mavericks 10.9 to connect to the USC Secure Wireless network.
Configuring Your Connection to USC Secure Wireless
- Go to the Apple menu.
- Choose System Preferences.
- Click Network under Internet & Wireless.
- Click Wi-fi.
- If Status is set to Off, click Turn Wi-Fi On.
- From the Network Name pulldown menu, choose USC Secure Wireless.
- In the The Wi-Fi network “USC Secure Wireless” requires WPA2 enterprise credentials. screen, enter your USC NetID username in the username: field and enter your USC NetID password in the password: field. Your USC NetID is the username and password you use to connect to services such as my.usc.edu and Workday.
- Click Join.
- The first time you connect to USC Secure Wireless, you will be asked to verify the certificate for USC Secure Wireless. Click Continue to accept the certificate and connect to the network.
- Once you are connected the Status: field will changed to Connected.
- Click the lock in the lower left corner of the Network screen to lock in these changes and close the Network screen.
NOTE: You will need to update your device’s USC Secure Wireless connection with your new USC NetID password any time you change your password at netid.usc.edu/account_services/change_password.
To get help with access to USC Secure Wireless, contact the ITS Customer Support Center.