Faculty, staff, and students have several options for web and video conferencing at USC.
- Zoom: A new free service offering from ITS available to USC students, faculty and staff. Zoom provides an integrated web, audio, video and multi-media collaboration tool. It is easy to set up and use on PC, Mac or mobile phone and includes screen sharing, in meeting chat options and more. See our Zoom Video and Audio Conferencing page for additional information or visit usc.zoom.us to get started.
- Google Hangouts: Google Hangouts, available through Google Apps at USC, allows faculty, staff, and students to participate in face-to-face video calls with up to 9 other people. For faculty and staff information on getting started with Google Hangouts, see the Google Apps at USC for Faculty and Staff page. For student information on getting started with Google Hangouts, see the Google Apps at USC for Students page.
- Blackboard Collaborate: Blackboard Collaborate allows faculty and students to meet in an online space using features such as video and/or audio chat, whiteboard, slideshows, and screen sharing. Blackboard Collaborate is also available to staff through Blackboard Organizations. For more information how to get started with Blackboard Collaborate, see itservices.usc.edu/blackboardcollaborate/
- Self-Service Video Conferencing/Studio Classrooms: USC provides self-service video conferencing at some USC libraries and remote sites at no charge to USC faculty, staff, and students. These video conferencing systems support point-to-point connections. In addition to the facilities provided by ITS and the USC libraries, studio classrooms in many schools on USC campuses are equipped with integrated video conferencing capabilities, including high-quality microphones, cameras, and transmission/receiving equipment. For information on self-service video conferencing or studio classroom locations in your school or department, contact the Local IT Support for your school or department.
- For more information on how to use Google Hangouts, see Google’s Get Started with Hangouts web page.
- For more information on Blackboard Collaborate, see the following websites:
This service is available to all USC faculty, students and staff.
- To place a request for web or video conferencing services or to have a representative discuss your specific needs in more detail, please contact the Communications Services Group (CSG) by calling 213-740-5555 and choosing option 3.
- Self-Service Video Conferencing/Studio Classrooms – Contact the Local IT Support for your school or department for their self-service videoconferencing services and rates.
Zoom Audio and Video Conferencing
All USC faculty, students and staff receive free access to Zoom Audio and Video Conferencing.
All USC faculty, students and staff receive free access to Google Hangouts through their Google Apps at USC accounts.
All USC faculty, students and staff receive free access to Blackboard Collaborate.
Self-Service Video Conferencing/Studio Classrooms
Contact the Local IT Support for your school or department for their self-service videoconferencing services and rates.