This page provides instructions on how to connect to a computer running the Windows or Mac OS X operating system to USC Drive.
Connecting to USC Drive from a Windows Computer
To connect to your USC Drive account from a computer running the Windows 7, 8, or 10 operating systems:
- Right-click the Start button.
- Left-click File Explorer. NOTE: In Windows 7, this will be the Windows Explorer.
- Right-click Network under This PC.
- Left-click Map network drive…
- On the Map Network Drive screen:
- Choose the drive letter you wish to use for USC Drive from the Drive: pull-down menu.
- Enter the folder address, \\uscdrive.usc.edu\uscdrive, in the Folder field.
- Check the Connect using different credentials box.
- Click Finish.
- On the Enter network credentials screen, in the first field, type ADS\ and then your USC NetID username. For example, if your USC NetID username was “ttrojan,” you would enter: ADS\ttrojan.
- In the second field on the Enter network credentials screen, enter your USC Net ID password and click OK.
- Your USC Drive folder will open in File Explorer.
- From now on, the USC Drive folder will now appear on the left side of your File Explorer window. You will place files in this USC Drive folder when you wish to upload them to your USC Drive account.
Connecting to USC Drive from a Mac OS X Computer
To connect to your USC Drive account from a computer running the Mac OS X operating system:
- From your the Finder menu on your desktop, click Go.
- Select Connect to Server.
- In the Server Address field of the Connect to Server screen, enter the USC Drive address, smb://uscdrive.usc.edu/uscdrive.
- Click the plus (+) symbol to save USC Drive as a favorite server and then click Connect.
- On the credentials screen, in the name field, type ADS\ and then your USC NetID username. For example, if your USC NetID username was “ttrojan,” you would enter: ADS\ttrojan.
- Enter your USC NetID password and then click Connect.
- Your USC Drive folder will open in the Finder window.
- To add your USC Drive folder to your desktop:
- Click Finder.
- Click Preferences.
- On the Finder Preferences screen, check the box next to Connected servers.
For assistance connecting with and uploading files to USC Drive, please contact the ITS Customer Support Center.