When you share confidential files or folders from your OneDrive for Business account, it is important to make certain you that you share these files only with the people that should have access to them.
To check with whom a file or folder is shared:
- Open a web browser and log into the Outlook Web App (OWA) at www.usc.edu/office365 using your USC NetID email address and password.
- From the main OWA page, click the App Launcher in the upper-left corner of the screen and then click the OneDrive icon to launch OneDrive for Business.
- On the OneDrive page, you will see a list of your OneDrive documents and their details including who has modified the documents, the size of your documents, and their file sharing status.
- New files and folders that have not been shared with anyone will be listed as Private. Files and folders that have been shared with others will be listed as Shared.
- To see with whom a file has been shared, select the file or folder for which you want to see the sharing details and then click the Information or “i” icon in the upper-right corner to open the Details pane.
- On the Details pane, there is a Has Access section that will provide icons for each user that has access to the file or folder you are checking. Hover over a user icon to reveal the user’s email address and identity.
To change with whom a file or folder is shared:
Remove All Sharing Permissions
To remove all sharing permissions and make your file private, click Stop Sharing on the Manage Access pane and then confirm this action by clicking Stop Sharing on the Stop sharing? dialog box.
Stop Sharing with Specific Users
To remove sharing permissions from specific users:
- Click Advanced on the Manage Access pane.
- On the Advanced screen, click the manage links link to access the Share screen.
- On the Share screen, click Shared with to bring up a list of users that your file or folder is shared with.
- Choose the user that you no longer wish to share with, click the pull-down menu to the right of their name and choose Stop sharing.
- Click the Save changes button at the bottom of the Share screen to confirm your changes.
For additional assistance on properly sharing files or folders from USC-provided OneDrive for Business accounts, please contact the ITS Customer Support Center.