This document will explain how USC faculty and staff can install Sophos Endpoint Security 10.3.15 (Campus) on computers running Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10. This software—available only to USC faculty and staff—is intended for desktop computers connected to the USC wired network.
USC students and USC faculty and staff who wish to install Sophos on their laptops and home computers should refer to our documentation on installing Sophos Endpoint Security on off-campus computers for information on the Sophos Endpoint Security 10.7 (Home and Mobile) software.
Downloading and Installing the Sophos Endpoint Security 10.7 (Campus)
- Download Sophos Endpoint Security 10.7 (Campus) from software.usc.edu/antivirus.
- Exit all active applications.
- Locate the SophosManaged10.7.exe file and double-click it to launch the installer.
- Sophos will remove any previously installed antivirus software from your computer at this point.
- When the Sophos Endpoint Security 10.7 (Campus) software has been installed, a small blue and white shield will appear in the system tray,
usually found in the bottom right-hand corner of your screen.
- Restart your computer to complete the installation.
Please note, this process can take a few minutes to complete.
NOTE: The first scan you run using Sophos may take up to 30 minutes to complete. Later scans should complete in a much shorter span of time.
If you need any assistance with installing or using Sophos Endpoint Security, please contact the ITS Customer Support Center.