This document will explain how USC faculty, staff, and students can install Sophos Endpoint Security 9.6.2 (Mac) on computers running Mac OS X Mavericks (10.9) and later operating systems. This software is intended for installation on all USC faculty, staff, and student computers running the Macintosh operating system.
NOTE: If you have previously installed any other antivirus software, you will need to remove it before installing Sophos Endpoint Security for Mac.
Downloading and Installing the Sophos Endpoint Security 9.6.2 (Mac)
- Download Sophos Endpoint Security 9.6.2 (Mac) from software.usc.edu/antivirus.
- Exit all active applications.
- If you are faculty or staff, open the SophosInstallerUSC-FacStaff-9.6.2.dmg folder and locate the Sophos Installer file. If you are a student, open the SophosInstallerUSC-Student-9.6.2.dmg folder and locate the Sophos Installer file. Double-click this file to launch the installer.
- On the Install Sophos Anti-Virus – Introduction screen, click Continue.
- On the Install Sophos Anti-Virus – License screen, read the license agreement and then click Continue. On the License Agreement dialog box, click Agree to continue.
- Enter the administrator password for your computer to continue the installation process.
- On the Install Sophos Anti-Virus – Summary screen, click Close to finish the installation process.
- Restart your computer to complete the installation.
NOTE: The first scan you run using Sophos may take up to 30 minutes to complete. Later scans should complete in a much shorter span of time.
If you need any assistance with installing or using Sophos Endpoint Security, please contact the ITS Customer Support Center.