USC faculty and staff can use SharePoint to create team and communication websites. These sites can be used as a secure place to store, organize, share, and access information from almost any device.
- Website accessible to only the groups and individuals you specify
- Access to sites from desktop and mobile devices
- 10 gigabytes of standard file storage, increasable to 50 gigabytes upon demonstrated need
- Customizable templates and designs
All USC faculty and staff
NOTE: All USC account holders, including all students, faculty and staff, can access the SharePoint sites using their USC NetID accounts.
To create a SharePoint site, log into the Outlook Web App (OWA), choose SharePoint from the app launcher, and then click Create Site.
For information on using SharePoint, see Microsoft’s SharePoint Online videos and tutorials page.
Lynda.com also offers SharePoint Online Essential Training which covers a variety of topics including:
- Editing, saving, and sharing documents
- SharePoint sites and site collections
- Working with SharePoint permissions
- Advanced SharePoint Online features
You will need to log into lynda.com, using your USC username and password, before accessing these videos. To log in, go to itservices.usc.edu/lynda and click the “Log in to Lynda.com” button. After you have logged into lynda.com, return to this page and click the SharePoint Online Essential Training link above to access the course.
NOTE: ITS does not provide user support for SharePoint beyond the provisioning of a site. The support information on this webpage is provided as a courtesy to the USC community.
This is a free service.