This page provides instructions on how to configure Outlook 2016 to access your Office 365 account using Exchange.
Outlook Tutorials on Lynda.com
Lynda.com has several video tutorials that cover how to get the most out of using this program, including information about contacts and creating email filters or rules.
You will need to log into lynda.com, using your USC username and password, before accessing these videos. To log in, go to www.usc.edu/its/lynda and click the “Log in to Lynda.com” button. After you have logged into lynda.com, return to this page and click one of the link below to access the videos.
Configuring Your Account
- Open Outlook for Mac 2016.
- From the Tools menu, select Accounts.
- Click the “+” in the bottom left-hand corner of the Accounts screen and select Exchange…
- On the screen that appears, in the E-mail address field, enter your full email address e.g., firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Under Authentication:
- Method: User Name and Password
- User name: enter your full email address e.g., email@example.com.
- Password: enter your USC NetID passwordCheck Configure Automatically
- Click Add Account.
NOTE: If Outlook is redirected to the auto-discover server, click Allow.
For assistance configuring your email client for Office 365, please contact the ITS Customer Support Center.