This page provides information on how to perform a variety of calendar functions using the Outlook Web App (OWA). The first section provides links to Microsoft’s documentation on how to use the calendar section of OWA. The second section provides a link and description of OWA calendar training videos available at lynda.com.
Outlook Web App Calendar Documentation
This section provides links to Microsoft’s step-by-step instructions for a range of basic to advanced tasks using the Office 365 calendar on the Outlook Web App.
- Creating a calendar item
- Modifying or deleting a calendar event
- Sharing your calendar
- Opening an Internet calendar
- Printing a calendar
- Delegating your calendar
- Managing someone else’s calendar
NOTE: If a room or resource you need to schedule is missing from the Office 365 calendar, you may request that this room or resource be added by sending an email to email@example.com.
Outlook Web App Calendar Videos
There is a video tutorial on the Outlook Web App available at lynda.com that contains several sections on using the calendar function.
You will need to log into lynda.com, using your USC username and password, in order to gain access to these videos. To log in, go to www.usc.edu/its/lynda and click the Log in to Lynda.com button.
Sections 7 and 8 of Outlook Web App (2013) Essential Training cover the following calendar topics:
Section 7: Using the Calendar
- Viewing the calendar
- Creating and modifying appointments and events
- Canceling an appointment or event
- Creating and modifying repeating events
- Printing the calendar
- Opening a calendar shared with you
- Viewing multiple calendars
- Sharing your calendars with others
Section 8: Working with Meetings
- Responding to a meeting invitation
- Creating a meeting
- Updating a meeting
- Viewing responses
- Creating repeating meetings
- Using the Suggested Meetings app
Microsoft also provides a video tutorial on sharing and publishing your Office 365 calendar using the Outlook Web App and Outlook 2016:
For additional assistance with the Office 365 calendar, please contact the ITS Customer Support Center.