When you return to campus this fall, you may need to change or refresh the devices and applications you use to learn, teach, research and work. Below are some easy ways you can make sure your return to campus is smooth and secure!
- Update your USC Wireless settings. We have made several advances over the last year to increase our security and performance of the USC Wireless networks. Because of these advances, you may need to use the “forget network” option on your device, then reconnect using your USC credentials. For more information, see our documentation on reconnecting to USC Wireless.
- Schedule time to update your systems. When you first return to your office, classroom or lab, you may have devices that haven’t been powered on in some time. Please schedule enough time to update these devices and applications before you return to campus. For more information, see our page on Operating System Security Patches.
- In addition, if you haven’t already done so, install SentinelOne, USC’s approved endpoint security software to ensure your computers and devices are protected from cybersecurity attacks. See the TrojanSecure web page on SentinelOne for download links and installation instructions.
- Lock Your Computer When Away from Campus. If you are only going to be on campus a few days a week, be sure to either turn your computer off or run a screen saver that requires a password to unlock it to prevent unauthorized access to your computer and its data. See the Clear Desk, Clear Screen page on the TrojanSecure website for more information.
- Look for additional Tech Tips on ITS social media and digital signage. ITS will post these tips, along with many others, on our social media channels (Twitter, Instagram and Slack) and on digital signage around campus to make sure you always have the latest USC tech info at your fingertips.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding these tips or need assistance as you prepare to return to campus, please contact the ITS Service Desk by calling 213-740-5555 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. The Service Desk is available to assist you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.