ITS will support your current and future building data network environment 24 hours a day as a part of the Technology Connection Charge (TCC).
Listed below are the services covered by network support:
- Support to the jack in the wall
- Switch maintenance
- Trouble reporting and tracking
- Maintenance of the environments crucial to the health and stability of the network, including air conditioning, power conditioning and UPS in switch closets
- Disaster recovery protection and system reliability and stability during power outages
The installation or relocation of telephones or network connections, wiring upgrades, installation of bandwidth upgrades, or other specialized services are not covered by network maintenance but may be purchased.
- All policies and security will be maintained at the customer-port-connection level;
- All switch remediation and repairs will be maintained by ITS at no charge;
- All network moves, adds, and changes will be charged at current posted rates;
- Firewall services will be handled by ITS at the core of the network;
- ITS will take responsibility for base-building, IP-delivered network infrastructure connectivity (switch ports) for FMS, DPS, and USCard (HVAC, security cameras, card readers);
- ITS network connectivity will continue to offer switch diversity and network redundancy during campus power outages and network failures;
- All grid (jack) and wiring identification will be maintained by ITS.