If you previously stored work documents in a commercial Google account, you may need to move files or folders from this personal account to your USC Google Drive account. You can do this by downloading the files from your personal account and uploading them to your USC Google Drive.
To transfer your files:
- Log into your personal Google account.
- In your personal account, select documents you wish to move. If you wish to move all documents, click the check box next to TITLE.
- Under the More pull-down menu on the top of the screen, choose Download.
- On the Convert and Download screen, the documents will be downloaded, by default, as MS Office documents. Click Download.
- Your files will automatically be compressed and zipped. When the compression and zipping is complete, you will get a Zipping Complete message.
- Unzip the files into a folder on your computer’s desktop.
- Log into your Google Drive account at www.usc.edu/googledrive.
- From the settings drop-down menu on the upper right-hand side of your screen, choose Upload settings and then choose Convert uploaded files to Google Docs format.
- Click the upload icon on the left-hand side of your screen and choose Folder…
- Select the folder that contains the files from your personal Google account and click Upload.
- You may now access these files as Google documents from the folder you uploaded to your Google Drive.