When you access your Microsoft Exchange Unified Messaging (EUM) voicemail through the Outlook Web App (OWA), you have access to some additional features that are not accessible when you check your voicemail through your phone.
To access these options:
- Select the icon and choose Mail.
- Under Settings, in the Search all settings box, type option.
- From the options that appear, select Voice mail. The Voice mail options will appear on the left-hand side of your screen.
Descriptions of Available Options
Here’s a brief description of the voicemail options available through this menu:
- Call Answering Rules: Use this option to choose how your calls will be handled when you don’t answer the phone.
- Greetings: Use this option to choose which greetings callers will hear when they reach your voicemail.
- Notifications: Enable this option to receive notifications when people call you and don’t leave a message.
- Outlook Voice Access: Use this option to set up dial-in access to your voicemail.
- Play on Phone: Use this option to choose a phone number that will be called when you click the Play on Phone button to listen to a voice message.
- Reset PIN: Use this option to reset the PIN you use to access your mailbox from a phone.
- Voice Mail Preview: Use this option to convert voice to text so you can read your voice messages on your computer, tablet, or smartphone.
NOTE: Some messages may not be available for Voice Mail Preview.
Additional information on EUM is available at itservices.usc.edu/eum and in the fast start guides located at itservices.usc.edu/telecom/voicemail. If you need assistance with accessing or using EUM, please call the ITS Communications Services Group at 213-740-3814.