To activate 2FA for your USC NetID accounts, you will need to register a secondary device for use with the Duo application. You may register a smart phone, tablet, authentication token or landline phone number.
- Click or tap the Enroll button in the upper-right-hand corner of this page and follow the instructions. (If you are on a mobile device, the button may be at the bottom of your screen.)
- Once you have successfully registered a device, click or tap the Log In button and follow the directions to confirm the activation of 2FA on your USC NetID account.
- After you have confirmed that you wish to activate 2FA on your account, close all open windows on your browser.
- The activation process may take up to five minutes to complete. The next time you sign into a single-sign-on page, such as the MyUSC portal or Blackboard, you will be prompted to use the Duo 2FA to complete your login.
- ITS recommends that you register at least two devices, for example, both your smartphone and a tablet or authentication token. If your mobile device is lost or stolen, you will still be able to access protected systems using your secondary device. You may add additional devices to your 2FA account by clicking or tapping the Add a new device button on any Duo authentication screen.
- More information about the enrollment process is available at guide.duosecurity.com/enrollment.
- For additional information on the Duo 2FA program, see the Frequently Asked Questions about Duo Two-Factor Authentication page.
If you are having difficulty enrolling in 2FA or registering a device, please contact the ITS Customer Support Center at 213-740-5555 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org