You can access your existing USC Dropbox files and upload new ones by going to www.usc.edu/dropbox from a web browser or through desktop (Windows and Mac OS X) and mobile (Android, iOS, and Windows) apps. This page will explain how to download these apps and configure them to access your USC Dropbox files.
Dropbox Desktop Apps
Download and Install the App
To see if your computer meets the systems requirements to run the Dropbox app, go to Dropbox’s System Requirements to Run Dropbox page.
To download, install, and configure the Dropbox for Windows app:
- Go to www.dropbox.com/install from any web brower.
- Click the Download Dropbox button. The appropriate version for your computer’s operating system will automatically download.
- Once the file has downloaded, double-click the install file and follow the on-screen instructions.
- When Dropbox has finished installing, the Set Up Dropbox screen will appear.
- Enter your USC NetID email address in the Email field. The application should automatically detect that you have a USC Dropbox account with single sign-on. Click the Get your link code button to continue the configuration process.
- A browser window will launch an take you to the USC sign-in page. Enter your USC NetID username and password. NOTE: Duo two-factor authentication is required for setting up USC Dropbox desktop apps.
- Once you have signed in, you will be provided with a one-time-use link code.
- Copy this code and pasted it into the Link code field on the Dropbox installer application. Click Submit to finish the installation.
On a Windows computer, your USC Dropbox folder will now be accessible from:
On a Mac computer, your USC Dropbox folder will now be accessible from:
Dropbox Mobile Apps
To download the Dropbox app for Android, iOS, or Windows mobile devices, click the links below from your mobile device. When prompted for an email address and password during the installation, use your USC NetID email address and password. NOTE: Duo two-factor authentication is required for setting up USC Dropbox mobile apps.