Blackboard Collaborate allows faculty and students to meet in an online space using features such as video and/or audio chat, whiteboard, slideshow, and screen sharing. In conjunction with Blackboard Organizations, Blackboard Collaborate can also be used by staff to facilitate departmental meetings and trainings.
- Desktop and mobile web conferencing
- Built-in phone conferencing
- Dynamic whiteboard content reusable across platforms
- Ability to edit content on the fly
- Multi-platform and low-bandwidth support
- Universal accessibility, including for those with disabilities
To access Blackboard Collaborate, log in at blackboard.usc.edu using your USC NetID and password. Blackboard Collaborate is listed under the Tools link located on the left navigation menu in your course or organization.
If your department or group would like to use Blackboard Collaborate for departmental meetings and trainings, please visit https://blackboardhelp.usc.edu/blackboard-organizations. For information on setting up a Blackboard Organization and then submit a service request. (USCNet login required)
If you are a faculty member, instructor or staff member that would like to learn more about Blackboard Collaborate, start by visiting:
If you are a student that would like to learn more about Blackboard Collaborate, start by visiting:
Available to all current USC faculty, staff, and students.
- Users can call 213-740-5555 and choose option 2 to receive assistance 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- Users may also send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit USC’s Blackboard Help for Faculty or Blackboard Help for Students sites for how-to movies and how-to guides.
Blackboard Collaborate is a free service.