ITS offers an AT&T phone conferencing service that is easy to use and eliminates the need to make reservations, so you will no longer need to call an external carrier for a call-in phone number each time you place a conference call.
Organizing a Conference Call
The person organizing the conference call is commonly referred to as the host. The host will need to give the other conference call participants the following information:
- The date and time of the call.
- The U.S. dial-in numbers (toll-free or caller-paid) with a link to the additional international toll-free and caller-paid numbers, when appropriate.
- The participant code (please do not give the host code to participants)
Please note that for caller-paid calls, the caller pays for the phone call but not for the conference call.
Joining a Phone Conference
- Dial the toll-free or caller-paid number provided by the host (the person organizing the phone conference).
- Enter your participant code (or host code if you are the person organizing the call) followed by the # sign when prompted.
- If prompted to state your name, please state your name. The system may use this recording to announce your arrival and departure when you connect to and disconnect from a conference call.
- You will now be connected to the phone conference call.
- To disconnect from the conference call, simply hang up.
The following advanced features are accessible to the conference-call host by using the host code. For more detailed information about advanced features, see the Getting Help section below.
- Muting all participants
- Locking and unlocking a call (to prevent additional participants from joining)
- Taking roll
- Dialing out (to add an additional participant during a conference call)
- Recording a conference call
- Setting up a conference to continue until the last participant disconnects
- Setting up a conference to start without the host present
- Monitoring and controlling a conference call via the Web with the AT&T Conference Monitor
For more information, please contact AT&T’s Customer Care group at 800-526-2655 or the ITS Communications Services Group (CSG) at 213-740-3814.