On this page, learn how to download, install, and connect to the Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility client from any mobile device that runs iOS.
You can use Cisco AnyConnect VPN to securely access the Student Information System (SIS) and other IT administration systems through VPN. Also called IP tunneling, this method of connection is a secure way to access USC resources.
1. To download and install the Cisco AnyConnect client, search for Cisco AnyConnect in your mobile device’s App store.
Note: To download an App, tap the Get button. At this point, you may be prompted to
enter your Apple ID and password. Please be aware this App is free of charge.
2. Once the app has finished installing, tap Open next to Cisco AnyConnect. This will launch the application.
3. The first time you launch AnyConnect, you will see a dialog box that asks “AnyConnect Would Like to Send You Notifications.” Simply tap Allow.
4. To configure your USC VPN connection, tap Connection.
5. Then select Add VPN Connection.
6. On the Add VPN Connection screen, fill in the following information:
a. In the Description field, type USC.
b. In the Server Address field, type vpn.usc.edu.
Note: The Advanced screen should be left alone; the default settings are fine.
7. Tap Save at the top of the Add VPN Connection box to save your settings.
8. When you receive the pop-up AnyConnect Would Like to Add VPN Configuration, tap Allow. Now, you may be asked to enter your device’s passcode.
Connecting to VPN
You have now configured your USC VPN connection. Now follow these steps every time you connect to VPN:
1.From the AnyConnect screen, move the slider next to AnyConnect VPN to On to bring up the Authentication screen.
2. On the Authentication screen, you will see the red SHIB screen. Simply enter your USC NetID username*.
3. In the Password field, enter your USC NetID password.*
*Note: Your USC NetID username and password are the same as the username and password you use to connect to my.usc.edu and to Workday.
4. Finally, tap Sign In. You are now connected to VPN on your iOS device.
5. Now, select your preferred Duo2FA Authentication method and approve it.
6. When you have successfully connected to USC VPN, you will see a VPN icon next to your wireless icon in the control center.
Disconnecting from VPN
To disconnect from VPN, move the slider next to AnyConnect VPN to Off.
If you need help installing and connecting to your AnyConnect Secure Mobility client, contact the ITS Customer Support Center.