The Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility client is a web-based VPN client that does not require user configuration. Use Cisco AnyConnect VPN to securely access the Student Information System (SIS) and other IT administration systems VPN, also called IP tunneling, is a secure method of accessing USC computing resources.
This page provides instructions on how to download, install, and connect to the Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility client from mobile devices that runs the Android operating system.
Note: Due to the many different types of Android devices, not every Android-based device will work in the same way. ITS is not able to guarantee that these instructions will work on every Android device (4.0 and later). This documentation was created using Android 4.2.2 on a Samsung Galaxy Tab.
Installing and Configuring the Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client
To install and configure the Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility client on an Internet-connected Android device:
- Download and install the AnyConnect ICS+ client from the Google Play Store.
- Once the app has finished installing, select Open to launch the application.
- On the next screen, click OK to accept the license agreement.
- To configure your USC VPN connection, tap Connection.
- On the Advanced Preferences screen, tap Add New VPN Connection.
- On the Connection Editor screen, fill in the following information:
- In the Description field, type USC.
- In the Server Address field, type sslvpn2.usc.edu and then tap Done.
Connecting to VPN
Once you have configured your USC VPN connection, you will need to take the following steps every time you want to connect to VPN:
- Choose the appropriate VPN Group Authentication Profile for your location from the Group pull-down menu. For information describing each of these authentication profiles, please see the VPN Frequently Asked Questions page.
- In the Username field, enter your USC NetID username. Your USC NetID username and password are the username and password you use to connect to services such as my.usc.edu and Workday.
- In the Password field, enter your USC NetID password.
- Tap Next.
Disconnecting from VPN
To disconnect from VPN, move the slider next to AnyConnect VPN to Off.
If you need help installing and connecting to your AnyConnect Secure Mobility client, contact the ITS Customer Support Center.