This page will explain how to connect a computer running Windows 8 or 8.1 to the USC Secure Wireless network.
Connecting to USC Secure Wireless
- Press the Windows key and type connect to in the search field.
- Select Settings
- Under Settings, click Connect to a network.
- The available networks will be displayed in the Networks window. Go to the Wi-Fi section and choose USC Secure Wireless.
- The USC Secure Wireless screen will display. Enter your USC NetID username and password and then click OK. Your USC NetID is the username and password you use to connect to services such as my.usc.edu and Workday.
- A screen stating “Windows can’t verify the server’s identity” will appear. Click Connect to acknowledge this screen and connect to USC Secure Wireless.
NOTE: You will need to update your device’s USC Secure Wireless connection with your new USC NetID password any time you change your password at netid.usc.edu/account_services/change_password.
To get help with access to USC Secure Wireless, contact the ITS Customer Support Center.