USC provides a free, secure, high-performance wireless network for faculty, staff and students on its campuses and in its facilities.
NOTE: For information on how visitors to USC may access our guest wireless networks, see Wireless Access for Visitors to USC.
- Encrypted network
- Available only to USC faculty, staff, and students
- Up to 18 times faster than USC Guest Wireless
- Most users can connect to the USC Secure Wireless network simply by entering their USC NetID (username) and password when prompted.
All USC faculty, staff, and students can connect to USC Secure Wireless.
For information on configuring your wireless device to connect to USC Secure Wireless, see the links under “USC Secure Wireless Documentation” in the menu on this page.
NOTE: In order to ensure that you will be able to access USC Secure Wireless, you may first need to change your USC password at mypassword.usc.edu.
For information on USC’s secure wireless network, see the documentation in the USC Secure Wireless Documentation menu on this page.
ITS recommends that all users maintain a firewall, as well as antivirus and antispyware software. Links to free firewall and antivirus software, along with additional information, are available on the ITS Security page.
Additionally, ITS recommends the following steps to protect your data while on any wireless network:
- Visiting only secure Web pages—those whose URLs begin with https://
- Encrypting any confidential or sensitive information
- Logging into UNIX shell accounts using SSH or Kerberized Telnet (rather than basic Telnet).
If you are unfamiliar with these security measures, please contact the ITS Customer Support Center at 213-740-5555.
If you have problems or questions related to your connection to the USC Secure Wireless network, contact the ITS Customer Support Center at 213-740-5555 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is a free service.