USC’s general-assignment classrooms are equipped with basic audiovisual equipment, eliminating the need for reservations of standard equipment.
Basic audiovisual equipment includes:
- An LCD projector or LCD monitor, projection screen, speakers
- An audiovisual wall box containing
- A combination DVD/VCR player
- A fold-down table for placement of portable source equipment (e.g. laptop computer, MP3 player, etc.)
- Lighting controls
- Additional auxiliary analog (VGA, composite) and digital inputs (HDMI) to connect other devices
- A help phone with one number to call for assistance (213-821-6601)
Using the wall box or front-of-room interface, faculty and presenters can connect laptop computers or other compatible audiovisual source equipment to the provided LCD projector and audio system.
Please be sure to bring all connection cables, power adapters, and power cords you need to connect your personal equipment. Learning Environments does not provide adapters for Apple hardware to connect to standard VGA or HDMI cables.
Reserving Non-Standard Equipment
Non-standard equipment (including document cameras and region-free DVD players) need be reserved for all rooms.
Microphones need to be reserved for the following rooms:
- Grace Ford Salvatori Hall (GFS): 101, 116, 118
- Mudd Hall (MHP): B7B, 101, 105, 106
- Taper Hall (THH): 114,116, 210, 212
- Von KleinSmid Center (VKC): 100, 150, 152, 156
DVD/VCR players need to be reserved for the following rooms:
- Kaprielian Hall (KAP): 134, 140, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 150, 156, and 158
- Von KleinSmid Center (VKC): 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110 and 111
To reserve any non-standard equipment, please call 213-821-6601 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
To reserve a classroom, please contact the USC classroom scheduling office.