Information Security Tips and Information
ITS provides information on the latest tips and best practices for maintaining online security. See the information in the right column of this page
Personal Computer Antivirus/Security Software
All members of the USC community should run security software on their PCs or Macintosh computers. ITS provides Sophos Endpoint Security software for free to USC faculty, staff and students. Sophos Endpoint Security is designed to detect, remove, and prevent the spread of viruses, spyware, and other security risks.
- To download Sophos Endpoint Security go to software.usc.edu
- For more information on Sophos Endpoint Security software go to itservices.usc.edu/security/sophos/
Information Security Services
ITS’s Office of the Chief Information Security Officer provides a range of information security services for the USC community. These include:
- Server and Endpoint Vulnerability Assessment and Management
- Automated Scanning of Servers and Web applications
- Web Application Security Assessments and Remediation
- Digital Forensics
- Information Risk Assessments
- Security Policies, Guidelines, and Best Practices Development
- Department Firewall Management
- Department VPN Management
- PCI-DSS Compliant Credit Card Processing Environment for USC
- Network Monitoring, Intrusion Detection, and Incident Responses
- Archiving and Search of Server Logs
- Spam and Phish Filtering of All USC Email
- Management of Central USC Enterprise Accounts
Please send an email to email@example.com for more information on these services.
Report an Information Security Incident
To report an information security incident such as suspicious emails or suspected unauthorized access to your computer, please call the ITS Customer Support Center at 213-740-5555 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.