- Wired network connection speeds of up to 1 gigabit per second (ResNet)
- An encrypted wireless network available at all USC campus locations (USC Secure Wireless)
- Access to a wireless network that can be accessed at participating educational institutions around the world using USC credentials (eduroam)
- Secure remote access to USC network resources (Virtual Private Network)
All USC students are eligible to connect to ResNet, USC Secure Wireless, eduroam, and USC’s VPN.
- For information on registering your computer and connecting to ResNet, see the documentation on the ResNet page.
- For information on connecting to USC Secure Wireless, see the documentation on the Wireless Access to the USC Network page.
- For information on how and where to connect to eduroam, see the eduroam page.
- For information on how and when to connect to USC’s Virtual Private Network, see the VPN page.
ITS recommends that all users maintain a firewall, as well as antivirus and antispyware software. Links to free firewall and antivirus software, along with additional information, are available on the ITS Security page.
To get help with connecting to ResNet, contact USC Housing Services at 213-740-4646. For assistance with any other USC network, contact the ITS Customer Support Center.
These are free services.