NOTE: ITS strongly recommends that you configure your device to connect to eduroam at USC before traveling to participating universities. If you need assistance with this configuration, contact the ITS Customer Support Center.
This page will provide instructions on how to connect a computer or device running Windows 8 or 8.1 to the eduroam network.
Connecting to eduroam
- Press the Windows key and type connect to in the search field.
- Select Settings.
- Under Settings, click Connect to a network.
- The available networks will be displayed in the Networks window. Go to the Wi-Fi section and choose eduroam.
- The eduroam screen will display. Enter your your USC NetID + @usc.edu (e.g., email@example.com) and your USC NetID password and then click OK. Your USC NetID is used to connect to services such as Workday and my.usc.edu.
- The first time you connect to eduroam, a screen stating “Windows can’t verify the server’s identity” will appear. Click Connect to acknowledge this screen and connect to eduroam.
If you need assistance connecting to the eduroam network, please contact the ITS Customer Support Center.