Departmental accounts allow departments and faculty/staff organizations affiliated with the university to provide information and services via a Microsoft Office 365 account.
Departmental accounts receive the same features that faculty/staff Office 365 and Google Drive accounts receive, including:
- Convenient web and desktop access to your email and integrated calendar. Full-featured web interface for accessing email and calendar (Outlook Web App), as well as email and integrated calendar compatibility with desktop email clients such as Microsoft Outlook and Apple Mail.
- Large message storage capacity. 50 gigabytes of email storage for each user.
- Access from portable devices, including iOS and Android-based phones and tablets. Access to your email, calendar entries, and contacts from your mobile device.
- No automatic deletion of emails. Office 365 accounts are not subject to the 365-day email retention policy.
- Built-in anti-spam message filtering. Integrated anti-spam tools for smoother control of email filtering and identification.
- OneDrive for Business, an online document storage and sharing tool that faculty and staff can access through the Outlook Web App (OWA).
- Google Drive for Faculty and Staff, a cloud storage service that allows users to upload, create, edit, and work collaboratively with others on a variety of documents online.
All schools, departments, and officially recognized faculty/staff organizations are eligible for these accounts.
You can apply for a departmental account by contacting the Authorized Signer of your department. Departmental accounts will be setup within 1 week after all of the necessary paper work is received by the Computer Accounts Administration office.
Please submit all required information, including:
- The desired login name for the account.
- A brief statement, explaining the purpose of the account.
- The name and ITS-issued email address of the person who will be the account owner. For system security reasons, only the owner will be permitted to login to the account.
- A phone number where the owner can be reached.
Departmental accounts need to be renewed at the end of each fiscal year (June 30). If you don’t remember to renew your account, it will be disabled. To ensure uninterrupted service, ITS recommends that you contact your department’s Authorized Signer, who is responsible for account renewals, no later than June 1.
To get help with your departmental Office 365 account, contact the Customer Support Center at 213-740-5555 or send an email to email@example.com.
This is a free service.