Blackboard is USC’s e-learning platform used by instructors to post and distribute course content such as syllabuses and handouts, to communicate with students via announcements and email messages, to assess student learning through quizzes and online assignments, and much more.
- A Blackboard course website is automatically created for every course at USC.
- Integrated content management, assessments, assignments, and grade books
- Integrated communication tools including announcements, threaded discussion boards, and email composition
- Mobile support — much of the core content that instructors post to Blackboard Learn courses is automatically available for students view from mobile devices using the Blackboard Mobile Learn application
- 24x7x365 user support.
To access your Blackboard course, log in at blackboard.usc.edu using your USC NetID and password.
If you are a faculty member or instructor that would like to learn more about Blackboard, start by visiting:
If you are a student that would like to learn more about Blackboard, start by visiting:
Available to all current USC faculty, staff, and students.
- Users can call 213-740-5555 and choose option 2 to receive assistance 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- Users may also send an email to email@example.com for assistance.
- Visit USC’s Blackboard Help for Faculty or Blackboard Help for Students sites for how-to movies and how-to guides.
- The online training website, lynda.com, also offers several hours of additional Blackboard training movies for both instructors and students. Log in to https://itservices.usc.edu/lynda and then search for “Blackboard 9 Essential Training”.
Faculty and staff can also request the following specialized Blackboard support services:
- Blackboard Consulting, Training and Demonstrations
- Blackboard Data Integrations
- Blackboard Templates
- Request to Restore a Previously Archived Blackboard Course
Blackboard is a free service.