ITS Core Values
The core values of Information Technology Services include: integrity and transparency in all that we do, accountability to our customers and stakeholders, and respect for the community and for each other. Building on these core values, ITS harnesses its commitment to transformational change through the use of innovative information and educational technologies to benefit the entire USC academic community―schools, units, and programs, as well as students, faculty, professional staff, and USC affiliates.
The mission of ITS is to ensure the effective application and integration of advanced information technology in support of the teaching, learning, research, and administrative missions of the university. Clear leadership and guidance within ITS enable the organization to fulfill its mission in order to serve the entire USC community with distinction.
Key ITS Goals
- Exemplary Customer Service: Provide the highest quality of customer service to our students, faculty, staff, and USC affiliates, recognizing that we are here to advance the university’s mission in research, teaching and learning, and outreach.
- Pervasive Partnership: To partner with the schools and administrative groups in the use of information technology to develop cost-effective, innovative, and comprehensive solutions and services to advance the university’s mission.
- Transformation/Engagement/Communications: To be an engine for transformational change at the institution through best practices in the use of educational and information technologies, next-generation infrastructure, and new ways of communicating with and engaging our community members, recognizing the growing role of technology at USC as part of a global world.
- IT Innovation: To be an innovator in the use of advanced information technology to solve problems in new ways and at new scales, serving both academic and administrative goals, as well as enhancing the reputation of the institution.
- Effective IT Governance: To provide a clear framework for IT governance that enhances IT service across the university and ensures successful IT deployments, information security, interoperable systems, and clear guidance on risk and compliance matters.